Saturday 19 May 2012

bareMinerals | Original Foundation




Now this is something I didn't think I would ever like. I remember trying a cheap 'mineral powder' when I first started using make up in my teenage years. I just remember how cakey it looked. Now that could of been because I had no idea how to apply it properly or due to the fact it was so cheap but since then I haven't touched a powder foundation. Mainly due to the memory of it being so cakey and I didn't see the point in buying something I was sure I wouldn't like. 

I was wandering around town one day and found myself at the bareMinerals counter. I was talking to one of the lovely ladies and decided to let her loose on my face. I was pleasantly surprised with the result. 

I have been using this for about 3 weeks now and I am really liking it. I have only had one issue with it and I think that was because of my primer not the foundation. I was really surprised that I liked this so much I really didn't think it would be suitable on my dryish skin, but I have found that this sits a lot better on my skin than pretty much all of all liquid foundations. 

I have been applying with my Real Techniques buffing brush as I find that this gives the best finish but it can also be applied with a kabiki brush or any brush that you like! I just find that the buffing brush well, buffs it in! I have tried other brushes but find that this gives the best finish but this is only my opinion.

I hold my hands up and say I don't have the best skin at the moment but this foundation really does make my skin look flawless! It lasts pretty much all day. There is only a couple of times that I have had to touch up through the day and that has been when I have been rushing around. 

The bareMinerals website states that this foundation helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, without drying your skin out and "made with only the purest, high quality ingredients. Its so pure you can sleep in it"
Now to be honest, I wouldn't recommend sleeping in it, but if it is that pure then it is going to be good for your skin! It also has spf 15 protection, another plus for your skin!

I think for the price you get a lot of product! Like I said I have been using this for about 3 weeks and I really don't feel like I have dented the amount of product even slightly. So I think for £24.00 you are getting value for money. The other thing that I like about this product is the packaging. I like the fact that you can close the powder so its not swirling around in the lid. This way you won't waste any product. 

Overall I am really impressed with this product. I think after I have finished this I may try some other mineral foundations but I feel that this is one that I will come back to. 

bareMinerals Original foundation is available here and Feel Unique
(Something I didn't know it is actually cheaper on Feel Unique so try there first if you are interested in purchasing)
Is there any mineral foundations that you would recommend? 

Love 
Miss S 

8 comments:

  1. I didn't like it when I tried it, but I was probably applying it wrong. I'll have to try it again with my RT buffing brush. Found your blog following #bblogger tag and now following. Please check out mine:
    http://ldnsquirrelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tired it a while ago, when someone gave me a little sample I just just a powder brush and I didn't like it but I do find that they buffing brush makes a huge difference! So should be worth a try :) Thank you doll xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this too! I just don't have a counter near me! Would you say you have dry skin?! xxxxxxxxxx http://floralsflowersandallthingsnice.blogspot.com/ Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually. That is one of the reasons why I never tired it but it really is working well. It's a shame you don't have a counter near you. You can get samples. xxx

      Delete
    2. I no it is! I am in London this weekend though so touch wood I can find get a sample! Just need to be colour matched!xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  3. I love this in the summertime! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best min makeup I've tried so far :) Great post, you've just gained a follower :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am loving the finish it gives. Completely fallen out with my liquid foundations! and thank you doll :) xxx

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics