Tuesday 8 January 2013

Winter Survival


Now we are well into winter, there are a couple of products that have really been standing out for me. Winter is the worst time for me as my skin gets stupidly dry and so does my hair. I really have to look after myself. I am also cursed with the crappest immune system EVER, so I really do have to look after myself to keep myself in tip top shape.

I thought today I would share with you some of the bits I have been using.



Haircare
The tresemme Keratin Smooth range has been a god send for me. I have naturally curly and frizzy hair and this does exactly what it should, smooths my hair out but not so much that it becomes impossible to do anything with it. I have been particularly loving the treatment. It makes my hair so shiny and smooth. Even if you don't have frizzy hair I would recommend it just because it makes hair more manageable.

Next up is the Moroccan oil Hydrating Styling Cream; another product which is all about getting moisture back into your hair. You need the smallest amount of this and just add it to the ends. With going in and out from hot to cold, hair always suffers and this is a good product for ensuring that there is always moisture in the ends. This can be used on dry hair after styling, as well as before on damp hair, so if your hair is starting to look a bit dry between washes, this can give that quick injection of moisture. I love this product and actually use it all year round. It doesn't weight down hair or leave it looking greasy, which is why I love this product so much.



Skin Care


Now this section could of been SO long but I resisted the urge to add everything to it and kept it simple with two products. The first of which is a new product for me. Bio Oil has been such an amazing product to add to my ever growing collection of skincare. I had used this before when I had operations to help with the healing of my scars and it wasn't until my muma suggested it because of the fact if is good for dehydrated skin that I ever thought of using it on my face but WOW. I tend to use this at night as it can make you look a bit like you've taken a dip in some oil, but it does sink in over night and by the morning you would have no idea that you had put an oil on your face. After the first night I used this I noticed a huge difference and I mean huge! My skin looked amazing and full of life again. Seriously, don't knock this until you have tried it!


The next product in the skin care category is by far one of my favourite products, ever! Now that is a big statement for a self confessed skincare junky! Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask is an overnight mask that is used to give your skin the moisture it needs. I use this every third night and it again just gives my skin that injection of moisture. This product creates a 'build up' of moisture to keep you going for a couple days.



Body Care


I am not going to lie to you here, I am terrible at moisturising my body. I go through phases of doing it and I haven't really tried many products in this area. The Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion is the one I am currently using and I do really like it. It's quite a liquid moisturiser so spreads easily and skins into the skin almost instantly.  It is  very lightly scented and it doesn't hang around. I have sensitive skin and the perfume hasn't irritated my skin.


I got my L'Occitane hand cream free with a magazine (can't remember which) but its one of the only hand creams I enjoy using. I really can't stand the feeling of hand cream on my hand and this one just sinks in so quickly. I really can't feel it on my hands at all. What makes this hand cream even better? The scent! For those of you that don't know, I am controlled by scent. If I don't like the scent of something, I'll never use it but this has the most amazing sweet scent ever. 



Lip Care

On to the last section! I'm going to mention the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser first. This is the lip balm has seen me through thick and thin. I know I can rely on this to sort my lips out if they are dry and chapped. I also love the tingly feeling you get when you apply this! Just be careful you don't apply too much or you'll end up with white lips! Done that plenty of times! 



Nuxe Reve de Miel has become my favourite Lip product this year. Again, I know I can rely on this to sort my dry lips out. I tend to apply this at night as a intensive treatment and by gum it works. This leaves my lips so soft! and another bonus is smells amazing. I have read a lot of reviews that say it smells like chocolate orange, which I can see but I personally think it smells like honey and lemon. Maybe i just have a funny sense of smell?! 

Lastly, we have Lush Sweet Lips, the most amazing lip scrub ever. Now I know I could probably make this at home for a fraction of the cost but isn't it nicer to just rely on someone else? This one does definitely smell of chocolate orange and I love it. I have been using this twice a day to keep the dry skin at bay and it has meant I have been able to continue to wear some of my favourite matt lipsticks through the winter. 


and there you have it! Some of my favourite products to see me through this dark cold winter. 

What are your favourite winter products? Anything you think I should be trying? 


10 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Keratin tresemme range after seeing the advert yesterday, and I'd love to get some Origins this year too! I definitely couldn't be without my lush lip scrub either:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post and quite helpful!
    I have the worst dry skin during winter and its pretty annoying!
    Will trying out some of these products :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great products and really helpful, I may have to go shopping now!! I adore your header by the way! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! Love your recommendations, I'll be giving your Bio Oil tip a try soon :)

    Catherine x
    brighton-girl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted the Nuxe lip balm for the longest time, maybe a year now! I really want to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed this post especially the lip care section. I will be giving the Lush scrub & the Nuxe Reve de Miel stuff as I have dreadfully flakey lips in the winter!

    I've been loving Soap & Glory's Hot Cloth Cleanser, it's been leaving my skin so soft and clean feeling :)

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to try the origins mask but i just placed an order on their website! lol it'll have to go on the want list ;)
    i loveee the l'occatine hand cream. i got the sample too, i would love the full size.
    if you don't mind me asking, did you use bio oil for body scars or blemish/acne scars? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I love posts like this, so good to have a nosy and get ideas at which products to buy! Been thinking about the Lusch lip scrubs for a while, might give it a go now! Never thought about putting bio oil on my face either- thanks for the tip!
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post! i adore lip scrubs, they're my winter (and any time, really) essential!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // @thelovecatsinc // YT: thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have very similar taste in products to me ^.^ BioOil, Drink me Up & Blistex are my winter must-haves too!
    Hope you enjoyed your walk in the snow last night :) - I found your link during #bbloggers chat :D
    N xoxo
    breathebeautyfitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics